TRMF response to COVID-19
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." -Theodore Roosevelt
We support the ND Smart Restart
We are wonderfully-excited and incredibly grateful to all who have helped us get to this point.
THE MEDORA MUSICAL WILL OPEN JUNE 19!
The show will open with “Smart Restart” procedures in place – including reduced capacity for each show and increased spacing between groups.
Week Night showings will be at 7:30pm MDT all season.
Saturday and Sunday Medora Musical showings will be at 8:30pm MDT all season.
A second show per night will be held on Saturdays and Sundays, beginning on July 4, which will begin at 5:30pm MDT.
This new show schedule will allow nearly the same number of shows to be held as previously scheduled. THANK YOU to the cast, crew, and production team for their commitment to making this a reality.
“We have heard from thousands of folks, that now more than ever, the people of North Dakota need the Medora Musical – the experience, the message, and the story of TR overcoming hardship from his time here in the Badlands.” said Justin Fisk, marketing and communication director.
“Guests will see some changes to how the theater operates, but the show itself will feature all the favorite pieces that have made it a true North Dakota tradition for the last 55 years. We’ll have a full cast and band, there’ll be live horses on stage, featured variety acts, and a big, patriotic finale. The Medora Musical that people love will still happen on our stage this year.
“Roosevelt’s words to ‘Do what you can, with what you have, where you are!’ mean so much more this year and we are proud to offer North Dakota’s show this year.”
Additional “smart restart” procedures include:
• Guests will be welcome to, but not required to wear masks.
• A revised, physical-distancing entry and exit process will be utilized.
• The popular kids' segment of the show will take place with students in their seats, rather than on stage.
• Plastic sneeze guards will be installed at concession areas.
• Concession vendors and staff will wear masks and gloves.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
• Capacity is planned to be increased as recommendations allow.
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW MEDORA.COM
We expect a high volume of calls when tickets go on sale, so we encourage you to book online -- and it'll be quick and easy.
All of our deals and discounts can be booked online, and you can even online chat with a representative online if you have questions.
Other Attractions and Shows
• The Pitchfork Steak Fondue will also open on June 19. On two-show nights, you'll be able to enjoy Fondue after the 5:30 show or before the 8:30 show.
• The Medora Gospel Brunch is scheduled to open June 24.
• A couple of our favorites -- the Teddy Roosevelt Show featuring Joe Wiegand and Bill Sorensen’s Live, Love, Laugh open MAY 30!
• Our new Little Bully Pulpit Mini-Golf Course and Manitou the Point to Point Zipline are both slated to open July 1
• The new Cowboy Lyle's Candy Barn will open soon!
• And there will be lots of ice cream and shopping available all summer
THANK YOU to all of our guests, supporters, volunteers, partners, and more. Thank you to YOU, our Facebook community for your support. THANK YOU North Dakota, for making us part of your summer tradition.
Help us, help folks
With great care for lives and livelihoods, we are doing everything we can to be ready to welcome guests to Medora this summer. We are all going to need a place to relax and restore ourselves and each other.
We are still hiring for the key positions that will allow us to be ready and open this summer.
Will you share with your family, friends, colleagues, and connections that we are hiring for this year? Now, more than ever, we need a team to help us connect people to Medora for positive, life-changing experiences.
Theodore Roosevelt National Park
Theodore Roosevelt National Park and other national parks offer incredible opportunities for social-distancing recreation. TRNP has reopened in an initial phase for guests. Roads, trails and backcountry trails are open. Some visitor services are reduced, but the Badlands and Bison remain. You can read more and stay up to date with our community partners at TRNP here: https://www.nps.gov/thro/index.htm
Other notes regarding TRMF's response to COVID-19:
This is an ever-changing situation that our leadership and team are evaluating on a regular basis. We support North Dakota Smart Restart and are working to restart Medora for you. We’ve already begun implementing policies aimed at protecting our staff, guests, and community while also preparing to welcome guests again in our new normal -- see below for a summary.
- We are following recommendations from Governor, Doug Burgum, the North Dakota Department of Health, CDC, and others regarding cleanliness, social distancing, gathering size, etc.
- We have begun implementing procedures to make sure our venues, hotels, and public spaces are as clean as possible. For example, but not an all-inclusive list, we've begun to use more disinfectants, sanitizers, etc.
- Ticketing changes, venue density reductions, seating map adjustments, etc. are all in effect until further notice.
- Reservations and ticket sales will have a very flexible cancelation policy and/or 2021 redemption option.
- Access to the TRMF Life Skills Center and Maintenance Facility is restricted to authorized personnel only, until further notice.
- Additional training and information is being offered to employees, specifically through TRMF Trainual; an internal health team has been designated to disseminate information to our team as it becomes available and is vetted; in TRMF guest areas, we'll be posting cleanliness tips based on CDC recommendations and documents.
- The TRMF is working to coordinate with the Billings County Emergency Operations Team and Southwest District Health to ensure the entire community is appropriately prepared to provide safety for citizens, workers, and guests.
We will continue to make updates to this page and to our policies as information and guidance become available.
To stay up to date with plans for all things Medora, you can do one OR two things:
Signup for email updates using the form below
OR Text the keyword "LOVEMEDORA" without quotes, to 57711
We'll send you updates if you're in these groups, as soon as they become available.
If you have already booked a stay at the Rough Riders Hotel, Badlands Motel, or Elkhorn Quarters and would like to reschedule or cancel your reservation, the request can easily be made here.
If you purchased vouchers during our Cyber Monday event we will be honoring those vouchers through the end of the season, however, if you would like to be refunded for your purchase, the request can easily be made here.
TR said, “Keep your eyes on the stars, and feet on the ground.”
We find this to be a good guiding line to be responsible to you, our guests, to our employees and all stakeholders, but to also find inspiration that our nation will get through this and we will emerge on the other side with great potential and opportunity -- and we're keeping our eye on that.